Life Insurance Product and Business Development Leader
INDEPENDENT ACCOUNTANTS’ FINANCIAL GROUP INC. (IAFG)
IAFG, together with its group of independent Ontario-based CPA firms, offers a unique value proposition for the client, carefully integrating wealth management advice and services with accounting and tax work. IAFG’s subsidiary, Independent Accountants’ Investment Counsel Inc. (IAIC), is an Ontario-based portfolio management firm with more than $1.7 billion in assets under management, providing discretionary investment management and financial planning services for private clients, corporations, estates, foundations, and individual pension plans. We invite you to visit IAIC’s website at www.iaic.ca for more information about IAIC.
IAFG is currently expanding its life insurance and living benefits service offering, creating the need for a LIFE INSURANCE PRODUCT AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEADER, an exciting new senior role in our organization. An employee of a newly incorporated life insurance agency and reporting to senior management of IAFG, you will be responsible for the development of product solutions for existing and new clientele. You will work closely with accountants and life-licensed financial planners in our group to educate and train them on the service offerings and help develop their businesses. You will work closely with IAFG and IAIC staff to ensure the seamless integration of the life insurance and living benefits solutions into the existing wealth management offering and supporting processes.
The LIFE INSURANCE PRODUCT AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEADER will work primarily from a home office (or an IAFG office if preferred) and will travel within Ontario to work closely with the IAFG, IAIC and member firms’ teams.
Job duties include:
- Development of appropriate life insurance and living benefits solutions for our clientele, which consists mainly of owner/managers and professionals;
- Help select and work with a Managing General Agency to source and support solutions for our clients;
- Educate accounting firm partners and financial planning staff on the available solutions;
- Communicate with clients and wealth management advisors on how insurance solutions fit within a financial plan;
- Collaborate with advisors and financial planners to develop insurance-specific financial planning output and recommendations;
- Act as subject matter lead for wealth management advisors in areas of insurance and estate planning;
- Assist in the placement of complex insurance cases as required;
- Manage and execute the new company’s operating plan;
- Collaborate with financial planners to enhance financial planning output for insurance and estate planning recommendations;
- Develop and maintain the company’s service level performance against standards and lead corrective action, as necessary;
- Represent the company on industry association committees.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a positive, energetic team player who focuses on achievement of the organization’s strategic goals;
- Be a focused, results-oriented individual with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to educate accountants, advisors and clients on insurance solutions, at the appropriate level
- Possess a university degree preferably in business, finance, statistics or economics or equivalent experience;
- Possess the industry designations of CFP, CLU and CHS (preferred).
- Have a minimum five (5) years of experience at a senior level;
- Possess professional communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal);
If are you interested in a challenging position with opportunities to develop your executive career please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence quoting job #2017-01 by noon Friday, November 17, 2017 via e-mail to:
Ward & Uptigrove Consulting & Human Resources
Attention: Tonya Wilson
We are committed to providing a barrier free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those candidates selected for further screening will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At IAIC we are always interested in hearing from talented, motivated individuals interested in exploring potential careers at our organization.
If you are interested in a challenging, rewarding career with IAIC then submit your résumé and cover letter to:
Ward & Uptigrove Consulting & Human Resources
Attention: Katelyn Mayberry
Quoting: General Submission
IAIC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a barrier free workplace. If any accommodation during the recruitment process is required, it will be available upon request.
We appreciate your interest, but we will only contact those who will be interviewed.
No phone calls please.